COVID-19 Update for Commercial Clients
First National Bank recognizes the unique demands on business owners. If you or your business are experiencing undue financial stress as a result of current economic conditions, reach out to your lender directly and immediately. They are working diligently with business owners to work through these trying times. If your lender is unavailable due to the heavy demand for assistance, please also feel free to contact Marty Smith directly at 517.545.2209. Resources especially for First National business clients...
Employee Retention Tax Credit - New from the IRS as part of the CARES Act
Michigan Economic Development Corp (MEDC) - Resources for small business owners and employers
When you need to borrow for your business, you want flexible options, prompt decision-making as well as competitive rates and terms. Discover the power of local banking at First National, where business lending decisions are made right here in Livingston County — down the street instead of across the country, and by people who know you and your business.
Whether you want to finance new equipment with a line of credit or need a commercial mortgage to expand your business, First National Bank has the business lending and commercial loan resources to provide you a complete menu of financing options:
- Business Lines of Credit
- Working Capital
- Commercial Construction
- Owner Occupied Commercial Mortgages
- Commercial Mortgages
- SBA Guaranteed 7(a) Program
- Equipment/Fixed Asset Acquisition
- SBA Participation Loans (504 Programs)
- Letters of Credit
- Equipment Financing
- Term Loans
- Commercial Term Loans
Get started now... First National makes it easy!
- Contact me... Just complete a few questions and we will follow up by the next business day;
- This Commercial Loan Checklist (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) will help you gather the information needed while working with us;
- Expedite your approval process by completing a Personal Financial Statement (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) and Schedule of Indebtedness(Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window)
- Provide these to your Commercial Lender.
- Meet the Business Lending Team.(Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window)
The Credit Process for Your Commercial Loan
The ‘Credit Process’ refers to your commercial loan package (Commercial Loan Checklist items and supporting documentation) being reviewed by a First National Bank Commercial Lender. First National has an obligation to our shareholders and depositors – in addition to legal and regulatory responsibility, to make sound lending decisions. This process helps us make wise investments. Since 9 of 10 loans we make stay right here in Livingston County – this process is important to our entire community too!
Your Commercial Lender will use criteria known as the ‘Five C’s of Credit’ to review your package:
- Character refers to the personal honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and management skills of the borrower and uses your business plan, credit history and quality of your presentation to help make this determination.
- Capital entails the structure of your company as this structure is important to the level of risk associated with your loan. It includes things like equity, debt levels, asset values and working capital.
- Cash Flow means the cash available in your business to pay its debt(s) and the ability to repay the loan.
- Collateral can provide a secondary source of repayment and it is important as it can help mitigate the risk involved with your loan request. Amounts and type of collateral vary by loan type and amount.
- Conditions considers the external variables that may impact your ability to repay. Factors such as the general economic climate, customer concentrations, competitive nature of the business and more are considered.
It is important to try and incorporate these items in your loan package. It helps ensure a thorough review and makes certain the Commercial Lender considers your unique situation in its entirety.
The analysis and approval process can take as little as several hours but often up to several weeks, depending on the complexity and amount of the request and/or overall loan relationship. Regardless, your Commercial Lender will keep you abreast every step of the way.
We're here to help... Get Started Now (just complete a few questions and we will follow up by the next business day).