Use your First National ATM/Debit MasterCard instead of a check to make purchases at millions of locations worldwide, wherever you see the MasterCard logo. Plus, get convenient access to cash withdrawals, deposits and transfers at First National and other ATM's displaying the MasterCard logo. Your First National ATM/Debit MasterCard looks like a credit card but works like an electronic check.
- Express Debit... First National now issues cards instantly at any branch office!
- Debit By Design... Make your debit card truly your own with an image of your choice on your card!
Get Your Own Debit By Design.
- My Card Rules... Turn cards on/off, set spending limits and get card activity alerts. Find out more and get the app here.
Using your debit card:
- When you make a purchase, select Credit and sign the receipt, or select Debit and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- If at an ATM, use the card just as you would an ATM card. Insert into machine or swipe, and then perform your withdrawal, deposit, transfer or balance inquiry.
- Many merchants offer cash back when you use your ATM/Debit MasterCard, so when you make a purchase and select cash back, you can get money without paying an ATM or other fee.
- The money comes from your checking account, so there's no debt, monthly bills or finance charges. Each transaction, with the amount, merchant location and date, is detailed on your monthly statement.
- You can use the card to get cash, up to the balance in your checking account. If you are traveling, go to any financial institution that offers MasterCard and get a cash advance at the teller window.
- If your card is lost or stolen and you immediately report it, your maximum liability is $50. During business hours, call 517.546.3150. After hours, call the 24-hour hotline at 888.297.3416.
Additional Debit Card Tools and Resources:
- Fraud Prevention Alerts - How They Work and What to Expect
- Manage Your Debit Card with Tools in Online Banking and Mobile
- MasterCard Guide to Benefits (effective June 19, 2017)