Debit Card Block List
Following these tips will help ensure your Debit card use is not interrupted and that you can continue to enjoy the freedom and access your debit card provides:
- When traveling, remember to notify First National before you go - our fraud tools sometimes block out-of-area transactions and we can code your card based on your travels.
- Refer to our 'Block List' regularly to be aware of areaswhere you may have trouble using your card (First National updates this list asfraud activity warrants it).
- You are always encouraged to select 'credit' when using yourDebit card, but if you have trouble with a 'credit' transaction, try it as a'debit' transaction using your PIN (where available).
- Have an additional form of payment with you, just in case.
CURRENT DEBIT CARD BLOCKS
Debit card transactions are blocked in the following areas due to significant fraud occurrences originating there:
Locally (SE Michigan):
- No specific merchant blocks at this time.
United States (number of areas blocked in that state):
- California (2)
- New York (4)