The Perfect Partnership
You'll find resources on this page regarding the
Bank of Ann Arbor acquisition of First National Bank in Howell.
Bank of Ann Arbor (BOAA) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire First National Bank in Howell (FNBH) for $3.65 per share, resulting in an approximate $101.4 million total purchase price in an all-cash transaction.
- BOAA and FNBH are both high-performing community banks that are well-regarded in the industry and active in their communities. Both outperform industry norms and offer a similar collection of services.
- Both value and prioritize employees, client service, community, and charitable support and service.
- Clients will benefit from the combined experience and capabilities of the two institutions as BOAA services expand into adjoining Livingston County.
- BOAA has recently been recognized by the following organizations:
- Detroit Free Press in 2019 as one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan.
- American Banker as one of the Best Banks to Work for in 2013, 2015, and 2017.
- Employees of FNBH will benefit from BOAA’s highly embraced health and wellness program that has received recognition by Crain’s in 2015 and The Governors Fitness Awards in 2014.
- The Independent Banker® magazine as a social media leader.
- The bank has recently been ranked as the #1 performing bank in Michigan by the Financial Management Consulting Group.
- Arbor Bancorp (Bank of Ann Arbor holding company) was included in Crain’s Fast 50 for the fastest-growing companies in 2018.
- DBusiness in August 2019 ranked BOAA as the 4th largest of 17 banks and thrifts in Metro Detroit.
Press Release - Initial Announcement (2-4-2020)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) (2-4-2020)